Work Related : January's Mini Projects

February 23, 2018
There were 5 weeks in January, so I tried my best to make use of each week for new mini projects. I was trying to be as productive as I can, to give me a creative space to try something different every week (although it based on everything : doodle/illustration). 

One thing I noticed, I felt like I didn't have the energy to write during that month (so I left my blog without any new posts). Maybe because I've been using all the energy to actively make new stuffs every single week. Some of the projects took more than a week so I had to start early and take turns between projects. It was crazy !

So here, I compiled all my mini projects throughout the month of January, you can read behind-the-scene for every project in my Patreon posts  ðŸ˜Š:


*

1. Cake Day Card
In this project, I wanted to make a card (something like a birthday card) in collaboration with my brother's bakery : Azmi no Keki. The idea is to let people buy the card with the cake so they can give it to their colleagues/friends/family members on random days without having to wait for a birthday. So it may be on cheat days / random happy days / cake day / thankyou day / sad day / etc. 



Here are the image I prepared for my shops :D



Get it here ❤

*

2. Let's Makan Postcard

In this project, the idea came from Szetoo (Stickerrific) when we were discussing at the shop for the first time. So I made something more local, more relatable to Malaysian. A postcard inspired by some of our famous local foods + drinks and with an addition of label sticker.



Here are the images I prepared for my shops :D



Get it here ❤

*

3. 90s Snack Sticker Pack

In this project, I selected all the snacks that I ate during my childhood years and turned them into a sticker pack. Maybe because I felt like people love the Japanese sticker packs so much, I wanted to make something more relatable to locals :



Here are the images I prepared for my shops :D



*

4. Our Food Journal Zine

I feel like I've mentioned about this in all my social media posts (IG, FB, Patreon) - so it felt like re-explaining the same thing over and over :D Basically in this project, I compiled all my student's food doodle task in the class. There are about 15 people's works. I collected all their doodles, digitized them all and compiled it into a free  downloadable zine. 

I just want to show a sample on how easy it is to make our own zines. 






*

5. Nasi Lemak Enamel Pin + Backing Card

In this project, I wanted to make new pins because all my previous pins sold out last year (I made 4 versions x 100 pieces). So I started this project first in early January because I knew it will take the longest time. I sent it to the factory the soonest and waited for 3 weeks for it to arrive. 

Here are the image I prepared for my shops :D



This time I made a Nasi Lemak enamel pin & Book Nerd the red version, with new personalized backing card ! I really love the outcome. There are only around 25 pieces (Book Nerd) and 45 pieces (Nasi Lemak) left. 


*

I've been making a lot of new stuffs lately - so it is hard to  put everything into writing in details. So if you are interested in how I'm making new products or how the process/behind-the-scenes are, please support me on my Patreon and you'll have more access to those information ❤

Thank you for sticking aroooound !

Post Comment
Post a Comment