Work Related : Send an Eid e-card

June 24, 2017

Heyy guys, it's been awhile !
There are 2 things that took a huge chunk of my life in these past 2 months since I resigned from Fin. The first project was : Uber #ridetoreconnect campaign and the second one is : Travelogue Melaka with Lejen Komik (still got 20/100 pages to go). 

#ridetoreconnect campaign has just been launched 2 days ago on this website :


I was at Mines with my family when I got an email from the client telling me that they launched the campaign and I was so excited ! I've been keeping this as a secret for almost 2 months because I can't tell anyone before the launching. This is my second project with international client and heyy, for a small self-learned noob illustrator - I am still finding this very hard to accept. 

*

R/GA Singapore contacted me 2 months ago when I was still working - right after I sent the resignation letter. So I felt like it was a great sign that I was doing the right thing, because to start on becoming a freelance illustrator again is still scary (especially without any backup plan). That's how I started my first 3 weeks of the journey : by working on 4 illustration relentlessly, discussing with the Art Director, coming up with the sketches, and finally working on the illustration. I had to update every 2-3 days for the 3 weeks project, so there was no rest, no weekend kind-of-thing. I hired Af to do the animation using After Effect because I wanted to focus on the illustration alone. 

Sure, it is not my best work. After all, I am still a noob in this area. I didn't quite like the vector work, and I felt like I wish I had more time to play around with the idea. But I was supposed to work on the project fast (1 week ideation) and I had to accept my flaws (2 weeks digitizing and amendments). Af had only 2 days to work on the animation because I took my time (big kudos to him). 

*

How to use ?
  1. Click on this link : #RidetoReconnect
  2. Pick your greeting card 
  3. Write in the name (to send the card to) and the Eid greeting
  4. Click "Preview Card"
  5. Share to Facebook




*


Inferiority issue :
I looked at all the other works from Yellowmushmellow (Singapore) and Putri Febriana (Indonesia), and I felt so bad ! I felt like somehow Uber picked me by mistake and I was the most noob one among all :F I have a huge online crush on Yellowmushmellow for years (I finally met her at Public Garden booth in Singapore last year and I was sweating all over + I was super awkward), and she was so nice T^T When I got the call from the client, I asked them who was the representative from Singapore and heck, they mentioned her name. I took that chance to text her to discuss about the project *smooth, right? :D Anyhow, I'm learning to avoid feeling less appreciative towards my own work and promise that someday, I'll be better. 

*

So, yes, don't miss this chance to send these awesome animated Eid ecards to your friends. These campaign will only last for a month, so you can play around with it. And please tag my facebook : @doodles.by.azreenchan and #ridetoreconnect , I want to stalk your post *just to feel happy and appreciated over the crazy 3 weeks of May - haha :F

and, Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir & Batin guys  



Post Comment
Post a Comment