Book : Tsundoku, Expanding

October 02, 2015
More book story!

Last weekend we stopped by at Popular Book Fair at Viva Mall. All books were sold for RM 5. There were a huge collection of various English books. It was quite cheap and the best part is they had wider choices than Big Bad Wolf :D I had fun looking through almost all the books, I think we were there for about an hour or so. At first I rejected carry-on basket from Aja and Ma, saying that I wouldn't need a basket because I won't buy too many books this time. Later I slowly picked one up and they just smiled =.= I've been a bit picky lately but I managed to buy these :
  • My Wish List by Gregoire Delacourt
  • The Mistress Daughter by A.M. Homes
  • Honor by Elif Shafak
  • The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova *second time, now I got 2 of this =,= But not the Historian that I lost. 


I also managed to buy a set of Pilot stationary (*mechanical pencil, 2 ball pens, gel pen, highlighter and a case for RM 10). I still bring my writing set wherever I go, so having a pen in my bag is still valid. I'm happy to see several Instagrammers posted images from the events. There are still readers of the world, we are still exist.


*

I also did an illustration for a friend of mine. He asked me to illustrate something for his company's Instagram ads. I feel a bit guilty to ask 'a friend' for a payment, so I asked him to buy me 2 of Orhan Pamuk's books *except for the Museum of Innocence. Today I received a Poslaju parcel from him. Those 2 books were :
  • My Name is Red
  • Snow
I was actually hoping for a non-fictions like The Naive and Sentimental Novelist or Other Colors, but it feels a bit too fussy for me to ask too much. My personal favorite of his writing is My Father's Suitcase.  Plus : Read my review on The Museum of Innocence here.

I should probably ask for books as payment again in the future.

:D



Current book : Pinball, 1973 and My Wish List.

Post Comment
Post a Comment