Books : The Strange Library

January 03, 2015

*

Early present came from my person 
I actually begged him since we saw the book in the bookstore weeks ago. Never thought the latest Murakami came out so soon in Malaysia - *Dec 2014. Last year I bought the latest "Colourless Tsukuru Tazaki and his years of Pilgrimage" - the Japanese version actually came out in 2013 and it was being translated to English and later published afterwards in 2014. So for me, 2 books by the same author is like a double bonus - *even though I've never experience double bonus in my life - yet.

It is another one of his short story, not his famous lengthy fiction. But at least I can slow down my craving for his works for awhile. Take note : obsession. 


*

The book is quite pricey than other paperback due to all the graphics in it : I think it is more like a children story book than an adult fiction. And I only saw 2 versions - I personally prefer this version. This is the one that has been published by Harvill Secker. 

*


*

I don't see anything hipstery in reading Murakami, maybe it is widely known and overly talk-about these days, maybe he wrote things that are too deep to understand or too simple? I'm not sure how it came across one another - as one of the bookaholics, I stand to defend that reading books is far from seeing as someone cool or hipstery. Especially Murakami's. Book nerds and hipsters don't stand next to each other, so I think people should stop calling book nerds with another new label : I don't know what other bookaholics think, but I don't like it. 

I'm a book nerds, I breathe written words, I love authors, I spend money and time with books, I'm not cool or trying to be one. A down-right pure book nerd, not cool - period. 

*


 *

Review will be posted later after I ate it.
Thank you 

Post Comment
Post a Comment