Homestay : Day 1 : Kmpg Kuala Medang

February 10, 2013

*

Hello !


Last weekend I was lucky enough to join Blogger's Day Out with Pahang's Homestay Program by Tourism Pahang. 

Being adopted by random families for a short length of time is not new to me. This was not my first home-stay experience, I joined several home-stay programs with Rakan Muda in Pahang ( Kuala Lipis & Janda Baik ) while I was in Uniten and also to Japan (Fukuoka) while I was in my school years.  This would probably be my forth or fifth time. 

In this program I went to :

Home-stay Kuala Medang, Kuala Lipis
Home-stay Kmpg. Peruas, Raub
Home-stay Kmpg. Sungai Pasu, Raub

Along with other famous bloggers : Lily ,  RaW ,  Fiey Ahmads , Fahd & Zara. Meeting them was an eye-opening experience, they shared many little stories and tips from their journey. Each blogger got their own style and ways to travel & share their stories. Although I am more to silence and solace while  traveling, with them, I was triggered to join in the little society : and boy they were a LOT fun & louder than they seemed on the first day :D

*

Home-stay Kmpg. Kuala Medang, Kuala Lipis, Pahang.

DAY 1 :

*

Food Galore :

Lemang To' Ki in Bentong

Our delicious lunch.

*

Boat Ride

The boat ride experience was by far the most exciting activity on our first day. It was one hot sunny afternoon when we first take a ride off to the other small kampung : Kuala Serau . It took about 10-15 minutes ride to arrive there.

We were also given a chance to feed fishes in the river. Countless fishes snatched fish pallets hurrily when I lowered down my hand in the water. Cold and slippery fish's skin, thank God I am not afraid of fishes! 

On our way back home, rain started to pour down lightly.
It was one great experience, having to ride a boat both in hot and rainy time.

How tall can the river goes


Lily & Fahd

Our boats.





*

Gasing & Weaving Demo

The weaving and gasing demonstration were shown by the people from Kg. Kuala Serau. We were also given a chance to play gasing ; I was pretty bad in throwing the gasing , I actually threw exactly like a girl ! Hmph.



*

Salak Farm

This is Buah Salak.

*

Accommodation & Facility :

  • We stayed with the host family, Pn. Asiah.  
  • Us : the 4 girls shared a room with 2 queen-sized bed.
  • No WiFi, but got 3G connection.


Post Comment
Post a Comment