Little Things 61 : Carpe Librum

January 23, 2013

What is it in books that I love so much? 

Is it the possibilities and stories? The hopes and faith ? The connection to the author as a resemblance to learning about other human along the way ? The art of written words or the beautiful intricate cover page? The soft smell of papers or the thickness of it packed with its own world? The beautiful quotations that reach my soul or inspiration that lighten my dim future? The knowledge it offers?

*

 


*
Matilda walked the ten blocks to the library and devoured one book after another. When she finished all the children’s books she started wondering around in search of something else. So, Matilda’s strong young mind continued to grow; nurtured by all those authors who’d sent their books out into the world. Like ships onto the sea. These books gave Matilda a hopeful and comforting message “you are not alone.” - Matilda by Roald Dahl, 1988. 

*

I watched Matilda when I was young. I remember my dad rented the VHS tape at our local video renting shop. I watched it many times before he sent it back. 

I loved the movie solely because she reads. A lot. A book lover will always love the other book lover. We are connected in an odd way we don't need to explain. 

I am a proud bibliophile :D

Post Comment
Post a Comment