Book : Aleph

July 18, 2012

*
Hello!

I just finished reading Aleph by Paulo Coelho. I bought this book 11 days ago and decided to read it right away. I read it while waiting for the bus at the bus stop, while I was in the bus, while waiting at the train station, while in the train, after work waiting for my collegue, while having short dinner and before I sleep. Whenever I have free time to spare. 

He took the Trans-Siberian train, travelled 9,288 kilometers to find himself. He found answers to his questions, he found peace. I finished reading the book feeling envy and inspired because he had the courage to take the journey. As his saying says : "Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage". I have the same feeling of insecurity towards most of those countries he travelled in those journey as the feeling I have towards deep dark water. I keep imagine those places as cold and dark. The sense of being in the places so different than what I am used to. If I am asked to put my feet in a dark deep lake from the boat, I would probably cry so bad in my heart for being utterly terrified. 

He took the journey anyway despite feeling like he made a wrong decision. He found answers, he welcomed his past and mistakes, and he freed himself from the memories of his sins. 

“Is it possible to deviate from the path God has made? Yes, but it's always a mistake. It is possible to avoid pain? Yes, but you'll never learn anything. Is it possible to know something without ever having experiencing it? Yes, but it will never truly be part of you.” - Aleph.
You can find many other beautiful quotes by Paolo Coelho's Aleph from here or you can try to read his top 9 travel tips from here considering he travels a lot all his life.

Along with The Zahir and The Alchemist, I recommend reading this book, Aleph too.

*


*


Post Comment
Post a Comment